Friday, April 9, 2010

Run 14--Week 3 Run 2--bleh

I was excited to run for the first time during the day today--all my runs are at night after the kids are in bed. Sunny, 65 degrees, slight breeze, 2:30 in the afternoon--what could be better right? Um...not so much.

Lessons learned:

1. Wear a headband of some sort to keep the hair out of your eyes. My hair is an all one length bob to my jaw--it constantly blew across my face and then stuck in the hair on the other side. Nice. (I wear one at night because I don't care what my hair is going to look like when I'm done.)

2. Bring a smidge of water--3 sips would have been plenty. Just SOMETHING to wet my tongue which felt like a small dead rodent in my mouth. The sun and lack of humidity made it seem warmer than 65 degrees.

3. Sunglasses! Gawd. That probably would have solved the majority of my hair problem too.

4. Possibly don't take the dog. :-(  She was quite bitchy today. I have a front attachment harness for her (the leash clips at her chest instead of her back) which keeps her from pulling. She was very annoyed with that (which she usually is) so I switched her to her collar. She completely refused to run like that! WTH? She's a Border Collie--it's alway GOGOGO with her. I switched the leash back to her harness but still had to encourage her the whole way. Annooooooying. Also, she does have a problem with heat, she was panting but not too much--night running must just feel better to her. Imagine running with a black fur coat on! And to top it off she got a goat head in one of her paws so I had to stop and pull that out too. There was just no flow--phooey.

I didn't finish 3 of the 4 runs--had to stop early because of dog issues and worse, left calf pain. It mostly worked itself out by the end but all in all it was just a no fun run. I guess it's bound to happen once in a while. I did manage to get my shoes off half way through and was able to go the last 15 minutes barefoot. A bright spot in the effort. When I got home my feet, calves, knees, and halfway up my thighs had this interesting tingling feeling. A happy, light feeling :-) So, another bright spot.

Maybe today wasn't so bad after all! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment