Saturday, April 3, 2010

3 out of 4 runners in my family are injured!

I had a funny thing happen last night. A lot of my family got together for an early Easter dinner at my aunt's house. 4 adults out of the 8 were in training for a 5k in June. All of us were previous non-runners. 3 of the 4 were doing the Couch to 5k.

Our ages: Nichole 26, Kate 29, Michael 35, and me 40. Out of the 4 of us 3 were injured. Nichole has just recovered from bursitis in her knee, Kate had either a stress fracture or shin splints-she wasn't sure yet, and Michael had thought for sure his foot was broken but after a few days of recovery realized it wasn't. All 3 are traditional runners. After watching Kate hobble into the party I realized, "Wait a minute. I'm the oldest one here and I'm the only one not injured! Holy cow! AND I'm the only one who isn't running traditionally (or rather I'm the only one running traditionally--however you want to look at it). I brought this up (both laughing and in shock) and Kate said she was interested and eventually Michael did too. We'll see--maybe they'll switch to the barefoot way/minimalist shoe way ;-)

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment