Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Run 7

Last night I went for run #7. This time it actually felt more like a 'run' and less like a 'slog'. I picked up my pace a bit in the run portions and felt better for it. My knee was still bugging me a bit when I first left the house and I was thinking I was going to have to turn around but then it worked itself out and was fine. For the first time since switching to barefoot I did the entire workout minus one 60 sec run portion. I'm still working on week 1 of the Couch to 5k program, waiting for my body to get used to the barefoot thing before I move on to week 2. I'm thinking a few more runs and I can switch over to week 2 and then continue the program normally.

I started this a month ago on Feb 15th.

So far my favorite things are: my stress eczema went away, I feel fabulous, I haven't hurt myself, I'm doing pretty good listening to my body, and running this way makes me feel like a kid again.

Last night's favorite thing: I love the way it feels when I take off running and my body automatically just lifts up and moves--I feel like I'm flying--the weight lifts off my ribcage and the waistband of my new, smaller yoga pants slide right down my belly :-)

This is very very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment